Planned Giving & Memorial Gifts
You can be an integral part of our ongoing commitment to the humane welfare of animals by including a charitable gift in your overall estate and financial plans.
Here are some ways you can help:
- Naming us as a beneficiary in a will or living trust
- Making a gift of cash or appreciated securities to establish a charitable gift annuity
- Naming us as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy or retirement account
- Creating a charitable remainder trust
There are many ways to honor someone, and an engraved brick is a distinguished way to celebrate a special occasion or mark the passing of a loved one. The personalized bricks that border the public walkway around the HSBH shelter entrance provide a wonderful opportunity for our community members to honor their family members, friends, and animal companions.
Memorial bricks are available for $100 each, and are a tax-deductible donation.
This program allows individuals and businesses to sponsor a kennel for one year in order to offset the cost of caring for the animals. In exchange, your name or your business name and message will appear on a plaque on an adopt floor kennel for one year.
This is also a great gift for weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, graduations, holidays and more to honor family or friends.
- Cat Kennels – $150 per year
- Dog Kennels – $250 per year